- Experience the exciting Vietnamese Grand Prix 2020 in Hanoi
- 7 nights on-board a river cruiser from Saigon to Siem Reap departing on 22nd March 2020
- Private tour of Angkor Wat
- Spot the elusive Irrawaddy dolphins in their natural habitat
- Discover Cambodia’s capital city
- Visit a Taoist temple
- Explore the ‘green oasis’ and bird sancutary
- Join a local cookery class and learn how to make traditional pancakes
Day 1: Saigon to My Tho
Begin your exciting journey in Vietnam’s historic centre. Take the private transfer to My Tho and board the river cruiser. Meet the fellow guests and make yourself at home on board. You are invited to the Welcome Party where we will be treated to a dance by local people.
Day 2: Ben Tre
We escape the urban scene for a rural one as we cruise to the coastal province of Ben Tre. Here you will ride on a sampan which will take you through the mangroves and bamboo groves to the fruit orchards. Your experiences today can include tea at a locals’ home, sampling their fresh honey and fruit products, pot-making and a horse and cart ride through the breath-taking countryside. Join a cookery lesson to learn to make Banh Xeo,local savoury fried pancakes.
Day 3: Gao Giong & Con Phuoc Island
We visit scenic Gao Giong ‘green oasis’ and bird sanctuary to see a diverse selection of wildlife.
Witness a variety of water birds and white egrets in the Duong Tharp Muoi (‘Plain of Reeds’). Hop aboard a rowing boat to cross the winding canals, and view the principal nesting areas.
Today also takes us to Con Phuoc Island. Enjoy a tuk-tuk to see local artisans, and admire their woodworking skills, before trying your hand at the crafts and visiting a local Catholic church.
Day 4: Cambodia Border
You will have free time to explore the canal system around the interesting town of Tan Chau.
Visit a local Taoist temple where monks can read your fortune and you can see farmers tending to their fields of crops in neighboring villages. Visit a local fish farm and learn why it is important to release your catch of the day back into the Mekong River.
Join our optional tour of the working ship, or learn the artful skill of fruit carving on deck whilst awaiting the border crossing formalities.
Day 5: Phnom Penh
In the morning, you can join an inspiring and stimulating orientation of Cambodia’s capital city Phnom Penh. Explore the city by cyclo (bicycle taxi) and visit the impressive Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda and the National Museum.
In the afternoon, you will have the choice of visiting the infamous Killing Fields and the Genocide museum with a local tour guide, or you may take a tuk-tuk down to the riverfront where you can enjoy a delicious high tea at the enchanting Raffles Hotel. You may spend the evening at your leisure exploring Phnom Penh’s buzzing bars, restaurants and nightlife.
Day 6: Koh Okhna Tey
We continue our journey by sailing up the Tonle River to Koh Okhna Tey, also known as ‘silk island’. Here you will learn all about the silk making process and watch expert weavers at work. There is also an opportunity to observe a demonstration of the ancient Khmer martial art of Bokator.
Also today you can enjoy a lecture onboard about the history of Angkor and Khmer culture.
Day 7: Kratie And The Dolphin Grounds
Today you will join our expedition to Koh Trong Island. This small and charming Mekong River hamlet can be explored by bicycle or ox cart. You will have the opportunity to visit a local school and experience authentic Khmer rural life.
After lunch we will moor just off Kratie and our journey continues to the dolphin grounds via the local boat service. Have your camera ready, as you try to spot the elusive Irrawaddy dolphins.
Day 8: Siem Reap
End your exciting cruise at Cambodia’s lively resort town of Siem Reap and transfer to your hotel.
Day 9: Private Tour of Siem Reap, Angkor Wat and the Royal Temples
Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to one of the most magnificent temple complexes in the world whilst explaining the history and amazing architectural facts about it. You’ll see Ta Prohm Temple, made famous by Angelina Jolie’s Tomb Raider.
As the complex is so large and interesting, you’ll need the full day. Lunch with a view of Angkor Wat itself is included. Lots of areas are often congested with tourists, but you can easily cycle to find a quiet spot of your own.
Day 10 – 12: Hanoi
Take a short flight to Hanoi and meet your driver at the airport who will take you to your centrally-located hotel. Talk to our travel experts about organising a private tour of Vietnam’s capital city or a trip to explore Halong Bay.
Day 13 – 15: Vietnamese Grand Prix in Hanoi
Experience the excting street circuit race in the vibrant city of Hanoi. This newly-built circuit is located in the Nam Tu Lien District and combines a mix of part race track and street roads. Witness the F1 drivers battle it out as they race to the finish line in Vietnam for the 2020 title.
Day 16: Departure
Your private transfer will take you from the hotel to the airport.
RV Mekong Pandaw
Specially designed and built to sail the calm waters of the scenic river, the RV Mekong Pandaw flaunts many features that enhance your small ship cruise experience. Refitted in 2012, the cruiser boasts a professional spa and gym.
- 7 night cruise from Saigon to Siem Reap
- Full board on the cruise with buffet breakfast as well as lunch and dinner
- Beverages on the cruise (non-alcoholic, select premium wines, sparkling wine and national beer)
- Private transfers throughout your trip
- Excursion entrance fees and English language guide services on the cruise
- All main meals on the cruise
- Tea, coffee, mineral water, local beers and all drinks excluding wine on the cruise
- Gratuities to crew on the cruise
- One night in Siem Reap
- Private Tour of Angkor Wat temple complex
- Five nights in a top hotel in the city centre of Hanoi
- Grand Prix general admission ticket on Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th April 2020
What’s Not Included
- All visa costs
- Cruise ship fuel surcharges
- Imported drinks on the cruise
- Tips to local guides, drivers and boat operators
- Upgrade to premium Grand Prix tickets is available. Please call our travel experts for more information
- Extra excursions from Hanoi, for example: city tour or tour to Halong Bay